Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Some fun in Nauvoo...and more to come...

Nauvoo has been so much fun! This will be the first of many blogs. I have so many pictures and it is just so late at night and I have a fun filled day planned for tomorrow. So I am only starting with a few.
Cindy and I have been trying to be very good about eating healthy. We only allow ourselves one free day. For Sunday dinner we decided we really needed to eat well and went with Steaks and Corn on the cobb grilled. I got to be the grill master! It was fabulous if I may say so myself!!

I know you are jealous!! It was so good! I used a little Montreal Steak seasoning on it and mmm...mmm...good!!

Cindy enjoying my mouth watering grilled corn on the cobb!!!

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!



On Sunday the Blue Cast met at the Nauvoo City Park for a Sunday Social. People brought lots of cookies and cakes. We sat around and talked and played!

Jamee and I had to play on the teeter-taughter!!!

Cindy and I made sure to get this picture before everyone arrived. Oh what fun it was!!!

For one of the activities with the kids we did pioneer activities. Jamee and I helped the kids color triangle pieces of cloth that we tied together that made a tree. This quilt will be given to Kay, one of the Nauvoo Pageant Directors, because she is leaving on Wednesday to continue her work with David Warner.

It was getting dark and we had just finished the bottom of the tree and we needed to see what it looked like...the closes light that we had was on our phones. :)

We made the "we" and "u" out of Rubber Bands. Arent' we smart!!!

Do you like my new dress?

Jamee and I roasting our Starburst...yes that is right! STARBURST!!! They are so good! I was so excited when she said that she loved roasting starbust too!

Cody enjoying his s'more!

Cameron and I were enjoying our Starburst! I am not the only crazy one that loves these! There were about 15 other kids there that were in heaven just like me!

"Pockets" makes starburst creme. MMMMM....MMMM....GOOD!!!












1 comment:

Hillary and Jake said...

I'm not speaking to you anymore, Not until you eat a roasted starburst on a marshmallow for me too.