Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Poor Car

So, on December 2 I was driving back to work on my lunch break, from visiting 2 friends that had just delivered. I was following behind this big green dump truck heading west on Mallard Creek Church Road. The truck moved over into the left hand turn lane to go south on I-85 and when I looked up at the light it had turned red. I put on my breaks and slid right into the car that was turning left on to East Mallard Creek Road. I hit the back part of the driver side of the car. She is ok. She got out of her car and was walking around. Me....when I realized what happened I was like...."There is smoke in the car...wait that is my airbag...I need to call 911....I hope she is ok....WAIT my car is still rolling...I need to drive it from out of the middle of the road.....I need to call work to tell them I am not coming back....I need to call Dad...maybe he can come get me...wait he is out of town for 2 days...can't call Jacob he is in Miami....man my lip and nose are stinking....I wonder if I am bleeding...oh...I should turn off my CD." Yes that was all going through my head. And this was in just a matter of 1-2 minutes. But, I am ok. I did have them take me to the ER to have them look me over. I knew I had some burns from the airbag and wanted to make sure they were ok. My injuries are....2 burns on my left wrist and left elbow... 2 nice size bruises on my left arm...a nice burn and bruise on my belly... and a nice little burn on the tip of my nose...all of this from the airbag...and also some injury to my neck and upper back...oh...and my right wrist is mildly sprained. But besides that I feel GREAT!!! Thank goodness that is all that is wrong with me. I was truely blessed that nothing more happened.





















4 comments:

C. Leah said...

Oh my goodness Heather!! I'm so sorry that happened! I hope you get the whole situation straightened out with your car! ♥ ya!

Krissy said...

HEATHER!!! Didn't I just talk to you last night!?!? WHY didn't you tell me!???????? You crazy woman! I'm glad you are okay!!! What happens next?

Jacob and Cami said...

I'm glad you remembered your c.d.!!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Oh Kiddo! I am sorry about your car, but I am glad your weren't seriously injured, and that you remembered to turn off your c.d.
:-)