Sunday, June 6, 2010

I have finally done it!

For about 3 years now I have been talking about going back to school. I would like to announce that I have done just that! I started on April 20th with the University of Phoenix. I am going for an online degree in Elementary Education. I should finish my degree in a little less than 3 years.
I am so excited!!!!!!!! After I finish my degree in Elementary Ed I am thinking about going back for a masters in Speach Therapy. But this all depends on where I am at in my life in 3 years.

The last 12 weeks of my schooling I will have to do student teaching. This is exciting because that means that I will be leaving Eastover University OB/GYN. I will be with Eastover 10 years in November! CRAZY!!!!! My manager about had a heart attack when I told her I would have to take 12 weeks for student teaching. She recovered when she found out it would be at least 2 years from now. :o)

Each course is 5 weeks. One week runs from Tuesday to Monday. I feel blessed because my assignments are due by 11:59 Arizona time...which is 3:00 AM my time!!! Just a litte leeway. I have completed one course, which was a course like "Freshman Orentation". It helped us know how to set goals, learn time management, and accomplish our goals.

I am now doing a course called "The Essentials to College Writing". Man is it kicking my tail! In my first week I had to read 4 chapters, 3 journal articles, 8 grammer quizzes, and write a persuassive paper. (Did I mention that this we the week of Memorial Weekend and I was leaving to go out of town Friday-Monday?) This week I have to write a paper on Case Study Analysis. (HUH?) I told Amelia that I have forgotten how to BS my way through papers. Hopefully that gift will come back to me. I used to be so good at it!

I am excited to keep plucking along in my classes. I will update you on my progress.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

Best of luck to you, girl!! That's a GREAT field for you tot get into!! You'll rock!!

ReL said...

Congratulations girl! I've got nothing but props for people that go back to school :-) It's an excellent use of time!

TCarolina072390 said...

The gift of BS'ing paper will definitely come back. Man, I hope I never loose that gift ... it's what gets me through school. Practice makes perfect! Good luck with your new adventure!

Cali and Travis said...

Good Girl! So proud of you! I need to go back to school! But sadly, it will have to wait until the munchkins are a tad bit older! You go girl!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

It almost makes me want to go back to school! congratulations.